Terms and Conditions
The payment of a deposit or the full amount of the booking fee confirms you accept all of the terms and conditions following on this page.
You must be aged 18 years or over to attend a trip.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking and Payment
– All payments must be made in New Zealand Dollars.
– A non-refundable deposit of NZ$500 is required at the time of booking.
– The balance payment is required at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
– The registration of the trip is fully guaranted when the full payment is recieved.
– If we don’t receive the full payment at least 30 days prior to the trip start date we reserve the rights to cancel your booking.
– If you have trouble delivering the balance or the full payment, we are open to discuss part instalments of the payment; this is purely at our discretion, but please contact us at email@example.com if this is the only option that works for you.
– All payments must be made via Online Bank Transfer ( which must include all bank tranfer fees )
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel and we manage to refill your spot we will provide you a full refund, minus the non-refundable NZ$500 deposit. Otherwise the following refunds will apply depending on the time of cancellation:
– Up to 30 days prior to the trip start date: full refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable NZ$500 deposit.
– Between 29 and 15 days prior to the trip start date: 50% refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable NZ$500 deposit.
– No refund within 14 days prior to the trip start date.
We reserve the rights to cancel any trip at any time. Some reasons we might have to do so may include (but are not limited to): weather, guide illness, too few participants, natural disasters, and other reasons beyond our control.
Where weather conditions, forces of nature, or other situations out of our control that restrict or prohibit outdoor activities, we reserve the right to change the itinerary and/or substitute alternative activities.
We also reserve the right to change the itinerary if the clients are not fit for purpose.
You acknowledge that mountaineering, skiing and climbing are subject to many variables including but not limited to environmental conditions that cannot be guaranteed.
Mountain Lab Guiding fees do not include insurances for your personal circumstances (including but not limited to travel, medical, and equipment).
We strongly recommend you obtain:
– Travel insurance to cover you in the event of a trip cancellation by either you or us, for trip changes, or for medical emergencies to cover you for your own personal health needs.
– Personal and third-party insurance for the cover of damage or loss of equipment and property.
Mountain Lab Guiding do not accept liability, responsibility, or any expenses for insurance related costs incurred by participants in preparation for or participation in its tours and workshops.
Fitness, Health & Behaviour
Prior to booking a Mountain Lab Guiding trip, you must assess your own level of fitness and current health condition.
Trip participants must be able to walk for at least 6 hours per day on uneven ground, carrying a 10 to 12 kg backpack.
At anytime from the booking to the end of the tripp you join, we must be kept updated woth any medical or health issues that may affect the outcome of the trip for yourself or others.
Also, inappropriate behaviour or actions that disrupt the trip or the rights of other participants will not be accepted or tolerated. In this case the offending participant will be released from the trip with no refunds given.
If you borrow any of the outdoor gear supplied by Mountain Lab Guiding or its supporting partners during any trip, you are responsible and liable for paying up to and including the excess value for any damage, breakage, loss, or theft of that gear.
Waiver of Liability
Before embarking on any of Mountain Lab Guiding trip each participant will be required to sign a risk disclosure acknolegment waiver to accept and/or adhere to the following:
Promotion – Marketing
During a trip, guides may take photographic or video records in which you may appear. Such material can be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to our website and social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any promotional or marketing material please advise us at the time of booking.
Please visit https://www.mountainlabguiding.co.nz/privacy-policy